Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I WANNA JOIN !!!!Technology Organizations

Okay....
So the more I get into this educational technology "thing" the more I find I do not know.  There is so much to learn about and in some ways I have become overwhelmed.  One thing I think I want to do is specialize in a particular area of educational technology.  I think if I specialize then I will be an expert in one area, but what to choose? 

The solution....
I have decided to join an educational technology organization.  The one I think works for me is the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education).   I have missed the deadline for the technology conference  this year, but I will have time to save up for the conference next year.  My hope is that it will give me an understanding of the types of technology out there and then I will be able to see which one I am most passionate about and dive deeper into understanding how to implement that type of technology into education. 

If you have any suggestions about other organizations or conferences, please feel free to let me know.  There is so much out there.  Wait...Let me tell you what I am most interested in now so you know where to focus.... I am really into distance learning right now and the technologies that make distance learning easier.  Okay..so I think that is all.

OH...one more thing....If you are interested in going we could form a group and register for the 2013 conference in San Antonio.


Bye

LINK TO ISTE WEBSITE  http://www.iste.org/about-iste.aspx

2 comments:

  1. I think most of the states have their own version of ISTE. I just looked, and on the ISTE site Georgia lists this as one of their state affiliates: AATE
    Atlanta Area Technology Educators
    http://aategroup.wikispaces.com
    Virginia's is VSTE. I love their conferences! The next one is first week of December, and I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to the ISTE to see what I could learn. I have also heard about the Virginia's VSTE. I wish I could go to that one as well.

    ReplyDelete